I'm dealing with guilt from a past mistake.
I took my grandfather to a blood lab for testing and the lady who saw him didn't wash her hands and I allowed her to see my grandfather. I have no good reason. It wasn't because I was too scared to speak up or something like that. It was intentional. Now, I truly regret that decision and am facing the horrible guilt of it. I don't know if I may have infected him with a virus or something. Me and my grandfather weren't getting along at the time and I let it get to me in that moment. Now there's nothing I can do to get that moment back and I'm struggling. Please help me in any way you can.
First, she probably washed her hands before entering the exam room.  That's how it's done -- medical professionals don't do it in the exam room.  Second, germs are everywhere -- you can't avoid them no matter how often you wash your hands.  It helps, but if it was that effective all harmful organisms would be extinct, and they aren't.  But most important, guilt does nothing for you but teach you what not to do next time.  Once you learn the lesson, hanging onto the guilt is useless, so figuring out why you're hanging on to this will solve your immediate problem.
I know for a fact she didn't wash her hands but I get what you're saying. There was no exam room. Just the room where all the patients were seen and the waiting room. I watched her the whole time, hoping she would change her gloves. I even told my grandfather she wasn't washing her hands and said I would speak up if she didn't. I did speak up but it was after the fact.
Tbd
JoBo10External User
I should have had a baby and didn't.  It never leaves me.  I don't guess it ever will.
Tbd
JoBo10External User
I should have had a baby that I didn't because it would have caused a lot of questions.  It never leaves me.