Depression Community
I'm thinking of hurting myself ...constantly

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Please help...I think I am going mental....My husband left...I've chopped off all my hair- I haven't stepped out of the house- I'm terribly afraid to. I don't talk to anyone. I have no friends in the city. I keep pacing the house ...humming!...I can't eat...I sleep with a dummy dressed in my husband's t-shirt...I can't stop crying for past 2 years.  I'm contemplating ending this ordeal.
No, that is not the answer. Look in your phone book, or online for a hot line to call. They can help you with your feelings and maybe also help you find a therapist.
How long ago was it that your husband left? Were you having these feelings before?
Please give us more information so we can better help you. I know it seems like there is no hope, but there is. We are here to listen and help you any way we can.
You sound like you really need to go to the ER to see if you need hospitalization right now. I know you don't want to leave your house but the hospital is a safe place to be. I have been hospitalized many times and I immediately feel a bit better because I know I can't hurt myself and I don't have to try to stop myself. It is especially important for you to go since you are agitated along with being suicidal. I hope you take my advice and go to the ER.
My husband left a week ago... we aren't officially separated yet... I have booked an appointment with the therapist for both of us... would a marriage counselor be better!!?
I'm so glad to hear you have an appointment set up. You can do both, marriage counseling and one on one counseling just for you.
Thank you so much for responding.......Although I have been cooped up at home for months... it has given me an opportunity to think things through... Although the situation hasn't changed much, I have become a stronger person. I have decided to make this work for me. I have put all my energy into using time to be productive and have worked on a business model. I've started to think of myself.

Now its me who doesn't need him anymore. In fact after he hit me and burst my eardrum- I see him as a very small person. Instead of getting emotional and impulsive, I'm going to steadily plan my future and act on it. Thank you once again.

Wow, how wonderful it is to see such progress!  Good for you for turning things around and making YOU the priority in your life!  When people are stuck in bad relationships (especially abusive ones), it wears them down, chips away at their self esteem, leaving them feeling unworthy, useless, ugly, un-loveable, you name it.  ALL of those things are obvious in your orginal post on this thread.

But, now that you've had time to reflect, and have gotten out of the situation, your way of thinking is changing, your mind is becoming clearer.  That is just fantastic.  Him leaving was the best thing that could have EVER happened to you...look at it as a new beginning.  You now have a world full of opportunities, you can pursue whatever makes YOU happy.  I'm just thrilled for you. I'm so glad you came back to share with us how well you are doing.  Sadly, when people get better, they no longer have the need for sites like this, so we never know how the story ends.  Makes it hard, at least for me!

One last thing...I would recommend that you seek out (or stay in) therapy.  You still have a lot of emotions to work through.  Going through something traumatic like this really affects a person, even in ways they aren't aware of.  Stick with it...it will really help you to empower yourself.

Please keep in touch, let us know how you're doing!!
shennigan just a good tired. Comment
Emily_MHModerator uploaded a new photo
KTowne commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time