Depression Community
Insomnia, crying fits, anxiety, depression 40 yr Female

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

I have spells where I can't leave the house.  I was out earlier today and the thought of going anywhere right now brings me to tears.  Days that are the worst, I build up to with anxiety, delusional thoughts, insomnia and extreme fits of crying.  As in I cannot stop, these usually last for 30 minutes at a time and are followed by my happy selftrying to emerge... and back to my room in tears I go.  Anything, nothing can set it off or make it stop.  If I have valium available I can take one and it seems to allow me to "reset" and go out, go to work, etc.  I have never been treated for any of these symptoms and am 40 years old.  All of my life I have struggled with weird episodes and have always chalked them up to some stressor I had in my life at the time,have focussed my strength and energy and just went on...  But now, lol other than being broke.  I mean our house is paid for, utilities are on and nobody is going hungry... So what I mean, for me, right now life is good.  I hate the idea of being on prescription medication, but fear I may have to in order to have any sort of normal life.  I have never held a job over 5 years, but have mostly always worked.  A year or two in one case, usually six months or less though.  I am not lazy and work hard, I just can't always go to work.  Advice?  Anyone else feel similar?  Know what this is?  I am starting to feel desperate, I feel life is just passing me by.  Thanks to anyone who is able to share with me.
It sounds like se ere anxiety. But if you are aware of this have you seen a doctor about this or even talked to anyone? With what you are experiencing I suggest that you see a doctor and get on some sort of med regiment for it so you can function. Most people don't want meds and that is understandable if you don't want meds talk to your doctor about natural ways to help your anxiety. I hope this helps.
Plus the anxiety can cause depression.
Thank you.  No this isn't anything I have ever talked about.  I have always been able to control it and deal with it, and mostly thought it was just normal to feel like this... at least until recently and now I know something has to give.  It just keeps getting worse, episodes used to only last a few hours, then a day, and so on.  If I know I can go out and not see people or at least interact with anyone I know, then I'm okay.. but it does not stop me from just breaking out in tears and then I have to compose myself, go in the store and GET OUT before it starts again.  Thank you again, I guess I really do HAVE to see a doctor.  Was just hoping to handle it on my own.
You can do this! just keep telling yourself that this too will pass. Read Julia Ross' The Mood Cure. Don't be affraid of taking an antidepressant for a while if you have to - just tell yourself this is what you need to do 'today' to take care of yourself. Try exercising even if you don't want to at least 20 minutes per day. Explore supplements (vit B and fish oil in particular). Eat at least 20 grams of protein per meal.  Learn about amino therapy (see reference to The Mood Cure above). Make yourself get up and do things, call people, get busy even if you absolutely don't want to. Most importantly - don't give up - you are not going crazy and you can do this - you are not alone!
Hi there, I totally agree with Pablo recommendations.
Do not be afraid to take medication if you need it. Your suffering is not worth
it. I have suffered from depression for over 15 years now. I had never experienced episodes of agoraphobia before (  fear of being outside.There are times when getting out of the house seems an impossible feat to conquer).
In my case, I have a myriad of other health problems, such as a Bad back that keeps me bedridden for long periods of time.
I can assure that in spite of it all, depression/anxiety is HIGHLY TREATABLE. Experience teaches us that YES, THIS TOO SHALL PASS  like many times before. Be thankful if you have all you basic needs covered, one less thing to worry about.
No need to defeat ourselves with negative thoughts. Consult a doctor, follow all of  the depression advice on this forum
Praying for all of you
Mercy
Bubulous commented on MyMelBgirl's status
1 min ago
Bubulous commented on VICourageous's status
4 mins ago
Bubulous commented on ang_811's status
19 mins ago