Depression Community
Is it nessesary to keep away people who is feel depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Hello! Can you get an advice is it nessesary to keep away person who feels depression? My best friend is in depression now, should I leave her alone or take care of her? Is it very importent for I don't know what I have to do? Thank you for your answers.
personally , when i feel so i like to be leaved a lone for a while. but not for a long time, check  her/him &  show how much you care about him/her! in  such cases one need to feel he is not a lone & surrounded by those how cares.
wish she/he feel better soon
It is very comforting to know you have friends that can be there and listen. Feeling abandoned and lonely does often make a depression a little more difficult to deal with.

I don't think you have to do very much - it's no magic phrase to fix a problem, but someone who can share the silence could be just as much support.

Please tell what you decide upon. Either way, I think you should be there - and if you think maybe a professional could be an idea, you can suggest that?

Florena
If your friend has someone who is helping them get through this, talk to that person and see what they say.  If your friend is alone or has no support, you should try to talk to your friend.  

Find out how serious the depression is.  If they have been depressed for a week or more and feel like they are worthless, they are not eating, they can't sleep or they only want to sleep, etc., then they probably have severe depression.  This requires immediate medical help.  If so, make sure that they are seeing a doctor.  If they are getting medical help, you can help by making sure that they are getting their meds.  They might need encouragement to eat.  They don't need to eat huge meals, just make sure that they are getting sufficient nutrition.

Ask them what they are feeling and thinking.  Do they want to die?  Are they thinking about hurting themselves?  The answers could require you to contact 911.  Do not leave a person who wants to end their life alone.  Get some help immediately.

John
Thank you for your posts it is very helpfull and informative.
ralph2014 commented on Staying Active with c...
1 hr ago
meegWpaw commented on Relationship Status :...
gymdandee commented on Low-Fat or Low-Carboh...