Lack of motivation/desire to do things?
has anyone else felt like this?

If so, what is a normal day like in the life of a 'person with depression'..?

It depends how severe the depression is.Some people won't leave their room or house,others might be ok with that but not be able to venture out to public places and just go somewhere quiet.Motivation is not easy when you are depressed because it's much easier to do nothing.You have to push yourself and really try hard to keep yourself busy.All the best.
Yes! I find it hard to get myself into just about anything, but it seems more pronounced with things that I "need" to do, like homework and such. I can tell myself, rationally, that it will only take an hour to do something, and that seems manageable, but even then, I go to do it, and its like a barrier comes between me and the page/screen, and I can NOT get myself to do it. And at least for me, even certain things I used to love or look forward to are too much effort. Many days I feel like never leaving my bed. A day in my life, at least recently, is like shoving a cat into a bathtub, forcing myself to do normal things which are no big deal to most people, but to me are such a struggle. :P