Lamictal Withdrawal
Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place.
My problem is trying to withdrawal from lamictal. I went from 50mg to 37.5mg and started getting really depressed with dark thoughts. I went back up to 50mg for 5 or 6 days and today went to 75mg. It's not seeming to get better, I'm crying and having panic attacks, I feel unreal and "lost". I've tapered off of ativan, effexor and abilify and have NEVER encountered such a dark place. I only go to a regular gp at this point and he originally told me to taper like in 2 steps when I was on over 100mg. I made a call today to a doctor who told me about a 9 month taper program and set up an appointment with a psychiatrist he recommended but I'm looking for anyone whos gone/going through this. I feel really alone.
We could use more information as why you are taking Lamictal. It could be for manic depression (in that case i don't suggest you stop it) or it could be for epilepsy (in that case I don't suggest you stop it). If you haven't being diagnosed bi-polar and using this simply as a mood stabilizer then yeah I guess you can taper off it slowly but may I ask you too about the side-effects you were gettin while on you full dose? Is it worth enduring a life without the med itself?

M4
Sorry. I was prescribed the meds for postpartum depression. I've been taking them and tapering for 3 years. I've never felt "happy" even with all these meds. I dont like the thought of taking meds for the rest of my life if I really dont need them. Before having my daughter I would experience depression at times, I'd say situational depression really, but nothing that I thought of taking medication for.
Sorry to say that but I would change doctor if I were you. I wish you good luck with quiting this meds and if you need any information on alternatives that can help you cope with the tapering safely just PM me.

M4
Try a site called Crazy Meds.  They discuss this med.  It doesn't sound like you really need meds, it sounds like you needed hormone balancing and therapy.  But that's just me.