Layman's Book about Neurotransmitters
Does anybody know of any good books that describe in some detail, but in relatively easy to understand terms, the neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, etc.?  One good book is "Change Your Brain Change Your Life" by Daniel Amen.  Do you know of any others?
First of all try the links page on the bipolar forum such as the website "Depression Central". Those are better than books because they update themselves because as regards understanding of neurotransmitters science keeps updating itself. The book I use that also describes medications is "Instant Psychopharmocology: A Guide for the Nonmedical Mental Health Professional" by Ronald J. Diamond. I use that for my own knowledge (which I then of course discuss with my psychiatrist). One thing though to be aware of is a new group of neurotrasmitters in study, the glutamate antagonists. An older book won't cover it and a new website might just touch on it. Having made a full recovery from schizoaffective disorder with glycine, a glutamate antagonist, in Phase II FDA its important to understand what will be the working process of the next generation of antipsychotics. You can google "Dr. Javitt, glycine" and I with my provider's consent summarized that study for Wikipedia. Any book you read as it updates itself will include a discussion of this eventually and for a list of all new medications in development google "Psychmeds123". On this subject scientific knowledge changes all the time so keeping up to date is too.
Thank you for the info.