Lexapro Withdrawl effects
i have been on lexapro for about a month. i decided to taper off because i had weird chest pains.. felt like i was going to stop breathing and tightness in my neck muscles. I started to taper off  the 10mg down to 5 mg for a week and then 2.5 for 2 days. im having severe head pressure... neck muscle pain like it hurts for me to even talk.. pain in my mid back.. muscle and bone pain in my back (feels like i can only hunch over and i still have extreme pain).. i feel like im gonna die! i get chest pains still real bad..i just feel so horrible are these withdrawl symptoms?
I also have throat pain... like dryness and soarness! my neck muscles are the worse tho! im really scared any info will help
I keep forgetting some things... i am naseaus i get bad stomach pains.. back pains by my kidneys... im getting chest pains all over.. like its my heart or lungs.. i feel miserable!!!!
In about 10 minutes i can barely talk!! im freaking out this is so wierd is this withdrawl effects?
Sounds like you tried to taper off way too fast.

You will be ok, but it's gonna be rough for awhile. Sounds like some of this your experiencing is due to anxiety also.

Either way your withdrawl from such a low dosage souldn't be that bad, unless you are Hypersensitive to medications in general. In that case even taking Lexapro to begin with is a bad idea.

It's kind of weird because all the symptoms of withdrawl you listed are almost exactly what my untreated depression feels like.

If you are having that many severe physical symptoms then, I seriously would go to the hospital and get some tests done just to be sure your ok.

You should be fine except for some elevated anxiety and swurly head symptoms and nausia. All those symptoms you have now are a bit unusual and should be looked at by a doctor.
thanks for replying... yea im very sensitive to medication! and my docs and my parents all think its in my head and im really not feeling these pains! i feel like im dying seriously!
Oh yea, if your med sensitive then the three big ones to stay away from are Lexapro, Effexor, and Cymbalta. For reasons unknown they do tend to send med sensitive patients into a bit of a tail spin.

Prozac or Zoloft are much better choices for med sensitive depressed people, Your Psychiatrist should have know that before prescribing the Lexapro. Shame on him.

Don't panic, you will be ok. It will take time, but the Lexapro withdrawl will go away. I ain't gonna lie to you, it take a good long while, but it will fade in time.

Don't worry. The odds of it messing up your brain are next to none. You will recover.