Lexapro and Abilify?
Has anyone ever taken Lexapro and Abilify together? I've been on 10mg Lexapro (for chronic dysthymia) for about 2 years now. I've always had positive reactions to Lexapro: great sex drive, great mood, slept okay (I do take Lunesta for sleep). However, lately (for the past 4 months I'd say), my depression has worsened for no real reason. I've found myself a lot more tired when I wake up (I sleep 9-10 hours a night), don't want to be with anyone, no energy, no sex drive. The sex issue has become a huge problem because I've been in a long term relationship with someone and this is really effecting our relationship.

I've been thinking about adding abilify to the Lexapro I am currently taking. Has anyone ever tried Abilify and Lexapro? I should also mention that I am a 25 year old female. I just want to have more energy, a better sex life and feel like I want to get out of bed in the morning. Can anyone help???

Amy
I have taken Lexapro before. I used to take 30Mgs a day.

I have also taken Abilify, but never with Lexapro. I took Abilify with Pristiq.

I took the Abilify for about 4 months, but I never did notice it helping and it was expensive so I dropped it for a less expensive and more effective add on medication.

I never got bad side effects from the Abilify, it just never worked even when my P-doc increased the dosage.

I guess some people say it works pretty good for them, but in my case at least it failed to produce a positive response.
Hi.  Recently my pdoc added 2 mg abilify to the 60 mg of celexa I was taking. He also added 200 mg of wellbutrin to the mix as well.  I have treatment resistant depression or had I guess, as it seems to be working.  It is very expensive.  I pay 65 co pay but looked at the reg. price is almost 500 dollars!  Anyway, one of the two is helping.  I take the abilify at night as I was waking up with anxiety attacks. ( forgot to mention I also suffer from anxiety, as well).  I notice an increase in energy from the abilify.  Hope this helps.  Talk with you pdoc about it.  
I take Lexapro (20mg) and Abilify together, but only for about a week now. I feel much better emotionally- my depression has improved considerably- but I will warn you, I can't sleep, I'm nauseated all the time, and I'm always hungry but never want food (sorry, I know that last part is contradictory, but that's how it is). Personally, I'd rather have the depression, simply because it's more familiar and I know how to deal with it as opposed to these new side effects. But I asked my psychiatrist, and she said most people do very very well on the two combined. She made sure to point out I was a very unique case.

Good luck!
Nausea is a common side-effect that will go away after a while. It is your body adjusting to the new medication don't worry about nausea I can tell you it will go away and if it doesnt after 3-4 weeks then I would report back to your doctor.

M4