Lexapro and Effexor
I am going to a pychiatrist for the first time on Monday but my family MD has me on 20mg of lexapro and last week added 150mg of Effexor.  In reading online it sounds like a lot of Effexor to just be starting out on it.  Has anyone ever been on both at the same time or have any feedback on Effexor besides all the negative withdrawal stuff I read?  Thanks!
Hi I am on Effexor XR 150mg, and it has done wonders for me.  I started on 75mg and went on to 150mg after 2 months.  

Yes withdrawal is difficult, as I did stop it at one timne, but within a year my depression came back, so I started it again.  Now I am calm with no depression, anxiety or panics.  I feel so well.

We all react differently to mnedication, some suit us, others dont.  I have found the one that suits me.

Let us know how you get on with psychiatrist.  Here in England I have found the psychiatrists only concentrate on the medication.  
Thank you for the response and note!  Here in the states this is mostly true for psychiatrists as well.  Because I was "down" for more than I ever had been, I decided to let a psych determine if the meds my family dr was giving me were correct and also for some reason I want an official diagnosis.   I know I have depression and was having pretty severe anxiety but I would like to know exactly what type of depression/anxiety or just maybe ease my mind about some things.  I was told I will spend about 20 minutes with a nurse and then about 25 with the dr since this is my first visit.  So we will see how it goes!

I have been on effexor for now 11 days along with 20mg of Lexapro for about 5 weeks and prior to that lexapro at 10mg for 2 weeks.  Before that I was on wellbutrin for 2 weeks!  So I've had a lot of changes of meds over the past 9 - 10 weeks.  The past two days I am feeling better and looking back I can see improvement over about a week now.  So maybe the combo is ok.  I also go to therapy and between the two that is supposed to be the best combo to getting healthy again.  

I will keep you posted of the outcome with the psych!  Thanks again for the reply!  
Hi, glad you are beginning to feel a bit better.  Don't forget to let me know how you get on.

Thinking of you.
Update:  Went to pyschiatrist and I was very pleased with the visit.  I was diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder (reoccuring).  I figured thats what it was but nice to actually see a professional and get an official diagnosis.  He also increased my Effexor to 300mg because he said at the lower level it doesn't actually kick in the secondary benefit (neonepherin)??  Not the seratonin but some other brain thing!  Anyway, I go back in 2 weeks to check in with him as well as I start Cognitive Behavior Therapy.  At least I have a plan of action!!  
Oh I am so pleased the visit was helpful.  Yes, I too have Major Depression, had it for 20 years.  See psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors, been in hospital, taken an overdose, etc, etc.  Now I am well on 150mg Effexor XR and will never stop taking it.

Glad you have had a diagnosis, because that will help you understand why you feel like you do.  

Hope the Cognitive Behavious Therapy works for you.  That is one thing I have not tried.  Let me know how you get on with it, and if it helps.

Take care.
i m taking lexapro 20 mg and effexor xr 37.5  together.  let you know how it works out for me.