Depression Community
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

I  was wondering if someone can tell me what the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory is?  I looked it up on line and read some information but I am curious if anyone else has taken it and what was your outcome?  What does this test prove? I am disabled and going trhougha lot of depression lately and it was suggested for me to take this test.

Thank you so much for any input...
Let me explain how I got here.  I am in Pain Management and my old PM doc set me up for total destruction.  My spouse used to work for him and when she quit he started mistreating me.  I am on disability.  He suggested I try marijuana for pain even though I live in a state that it is not legal.  he gave me the MJ and then my next visit he gives me a drug test only to write it in my chart and council me.  Then he starts giving me different meds claiming he wants to see if I get better relief on them which it made my pain worse.  So, I left him back around September and found a new doc that has me around a pain level of 5 to 7 depending on the day.  My opld doc then gets with my disability company and tells them he never supported me going out on disability which HE is the one that took me out of work due to my pain and meds I was on.  he also tells them I must not have been in too much pain becaseu he altered my pain medication to a lesser strenght and on top of that he fired me as a patient in January.  Keep in mind I LEFT HIM in September.  So, now my disability company quit paying me my premium and we have ZERO income.  I am a total mess, I have a house, I am married with kids and no income.  My wife needs surgery in two weeks and she will be off her feet for at least 6 weeks and I can't help but think why am I even here anymore.  I have thought, what if i died at least I have a life insurance policy and she will be taken care of.  I am not saying i would take my life, I do not think I have the balls to do so.  I find myself in tears with all these thoughts in my head as what to do.  I am disabled, I can not work but I will be "forced" to go out and find a job.  Who will hire me, I am on pain meds, muscle relaxers, I can sit for maybe an hour, then stand for maybe 30 minutes, always hurting......so here I am as I spoke to an attorney today who will try and help me get my policy reinstated and SSDI and he suggest I go see a psychiatrist and take this test.  I am sorry for rambling on.
I have not had this test but I was required to take a MSE, Mental Status Elvauation test during my application for SSDI.  I agree with the attorney, go get the test done to support your claim.  I would get a new PM doctor and begin the process of racking up new and recent medical doctor records also.  Best of luck to you, your old doc sounds like a real jerk!
I do have a new PM doc.  The sad thing is I told him exactly why I was changing docs and I am curious to see what he put in his notes.  I have asked for a copy.  My appt with him yesterday, he acted kinda cold.  I have been seeing him since October.  Just a question....do I have to be coocoo to get SSDI?  Why this test?
No, you don't have to be coocoo to get disability.  I am in the process of waiting for a decision myself and I am coocoo and I don't know that I will get it.  Over 70% of people that apply are turned down the first time.  Their is an option to appeal a few times and then the case goes to a disability judge to make the decison.  Did you hire a disability lawyer?  I plan to hire a disability lawyer if I am turned down for SSDI.  

It is not easy to get on SSDI but not impossible.  The Disability officer will want all your medical records and possibly send you to one of their doctors for evaluation or a exam..  Ask your lawyer to get your medical records from the jerk and you may not want to submit his records to be considered.  If you are going to a PM doctor you must have a physical disability.  Have you been on the www.ssa.gov  website to read the medical list and criteria to be considered  for SSDI? I must tell you the whole process is a long 3-4 mos.  I have applied as BiPolar w/severe depression and this waiting game has made me worse.

Oh yes, one other thing....age is a big factor in receiving disability.  If you are 55 and over your chances are greater to be approved.  Good Luck to you..
I have been turned down twice already and I have hired an attorney for this appeal.  I will go to the web site and look at the disabilities but I know I have at least 3 from what I am told
If you want, I can send you the info a disability team sent me on the grids used to determine disability.  It is very informative and I wish I had access to this information before I filed.
That would be great...i will pm you
Heather8448 my dog has cancer Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on renae176's status
HollowFeelings joined this community
Welcome them!