Depression Community
Mood Disorder or Anxiety/Depression

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Mood Disorder or Anxiety/Depression

I suffered from depression/anxiety (more on the depressive side) for years. I was taking Celexa and it was working great and then I tried to get off of it but was having depression/anxiety when lowering the dose. I went to a new doc because I moved and he says I have a mood disorder and that I need to take a different type of medicine than SSRI's. So he had me on Lamictal. He said since SSRI's give me anxiety, and have been giving me alot of side effects that I am on the wrong type of meds. He says if I was on the right meds, I would have minimal side effects and it wouldn't cause me to have anxiety. And since I have both depression and anxiety both that all these things mean I have a mood disorder. I may not have given the Lamictal long enough, but I went back to my old doc to get back on Celexa because I was impatient and still had depression on the Lamictal, plus I kept worrying about death. I was only on the 200 mg dose for 2 1/2 weeks. Not sure which doctor is right. The old doc that I’m seeing again, that I’ve seen for years says I only have anxiety and depression. The new doc I saw for a few months says it’s mood disorder and that I was on the wrong type of meds. He was more thorough, giving me a questionnaire, going over family history, and wanting to take my blood to make sure med levels were right etc. But the old doc knows me longer. I don’t know who is right. Do I have anxiety/depression or is it mood disorder.
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time