Depression Community
Moving forward leads me 5 steps backward instead

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Its been almost 8 months since my boyfriend that i lived with and i broke up, we were both really unhappy...I thought i could change him from his addictions, but i couldn't force him to do something he didn't want to do, it frustrated me and i took it all to heart.  I was depressed and unhappy with life prior to him but he had made me feel like i was something but by the end of the relationship he made me feel like a complete outsider, he was never home and always made plans with other people even if we had made a plan to hang out.  he avoided me at all costs, i had pushed all my friends away because i just wanted to be with him all the time! Now i've regained many lost friendships and made many new ones, but i just feel so alone and miserable.  I'm in university in a program that i dont like and i've been very poor in it, i just failed a midterm quite badly, and just past another test, i have never failed a test before and i just can't handle failure...i've been trying to decide what i want to switch into now but everyone keeps pushing me to keep going but i do not want to do that the rest of my life...i'm so sick of school!  I can't seem to find anything that sparks any motivation or attention! i feel incapable of happiness, and my ex and i still talk and i've been explaining to him how unhappy i am, but all i want is to show him i can be happy, that i'm not just this depressed psycho girl he once new! everyone my entire life has placed limitations on me telling me thats to hard or that i won't be able to do that or thats not my thing...i've listened and now i don't know what i like who i am or where to turn...i do not want medication, and would perfer no councilling i've taking a councilling class and i know how it works ( so i dont think i'd be able to open up) i want to do this on my own and make myself happy, and be truly happy with being me and not feel like i need someones approval all the time!  Is there any suggestions on what i should do to figure out my life or any to get me on my way!! thank you for your time!!
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time