Depression Community
No family support

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

No family support

Is there anyone out there who may some advice for someone who has NO family support which is a major reason for my depression. I dont have any true friends (someone I can talk to everyday or call at anytime). I am living a very lonely existence and need some support. I am a nice person. I am almost done with my bachelors in psychology. I am a widow with 1 child. I currently am living with relatives due to my husband's passing but am weraing out my welcome. I am afraid to move out by myself because I would be even more alone. They also want me to leave my daughter with them because they want to raise her since her daddy passed away. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because they help me a lot with her and I still need their help. I was told that if I didnt leave her with them that they would sue me for custody. These people are my parents so I have NO family support what so ever. My sisters and brother dont have children so they support my parents. Its a very devastating situation. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, I know about no family support. In the end it was I who cut them off and told them to go forth and multiplyu, except not so politely. They were always interfering, always condescending and always saying things like "You should be over that by now" etc.

Totally ignorant and I found them to be the cause of much of my anger and depression in that once they were out of my life a huge weight lifted from my shoulders, truly did. I lost my kids to me ex, the dragon I call her. But I maintained a relationship with them and dealt with it in time. I didn't want to lose them but as a male I had little chance you see. I wanted them but the law said "Get lost".

Advice? SImply this. You don't need anyone to lean on as the reality is they are feeding off you. They use you in their way and weaken you. With them around you are more than just lonely, you are in fear too aren't you as they threaten you through your child.

You do not need these people, it is your child and it is rare a court would take your child away if you are strong enough to fight for them.

Get the hell away from them and make sure your child is YOUR child and not theirs. Don't let them do everything for the child as that's how they will steal the child away rather than through a court.

You need to be strong which means treating your depression aggressively, taking control of such and following docs advice to the letter. If you do that no court can say you are doing anything but the right thing.

My thoughts go with you.
Thanks for your advice. I am going to take your advice and just try to get away from those things/people who depress me. In the meantime, I am looking for friends b/c I have no friends whatsoever. My husband, whom I knew since high school, passed away about 2 years ago and he was my only friend. I dont want to be all alone. Its devastating.
nursegirl6572 commented on yor stuck with me
30 mins ago
redheadaussie Number 3 of 4 yesterday. ON... Comment
Bubulous commented on yets