Depression Community
Only Wellbutrin?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Only Wellbutrin?

I've been on Paxill for almost 3 months now and feel some improvement. Before that though I had tried Wellbutrin and noticed I felt better in other ways. The 2 big differences were the price and the sexual side effects. Without insurance the Wellbutrin was over $100 dollars for a 1 month supply but no sexual side effects. The Paxill is on the $4 dollar prescription but with a lot of sexual side effects. Are there any other medications out now that don't bring those on other than Wellbutrin?
Different people have different side effects, but some drugs cause more sexual problems than others.  I would contact your doctor about your concern, he is most knowlegeable when it comes to the side effects of the different drugs.  He can best advise you as to what would work best for your particular needs.
I've been on Wellbutrin for about 5 years and I just love it. I also take Celexa (7 yrs) with it (not my choice, but my Doc's suggestion). I suffer from major depression, so I'm afraid to get off the Celexa, but if I could, I would love to be on just Wellbutrin and nothing else.

For me, Wellbutrin has no bad side-effects, although we are all different. I was reading another thread today and another poster said that Wellbutrin made her "crazy"....but that's not been my experience at all---in fact, Wellbutrin makes me feel like a normal person again.

Once again, though, we're all different.What might work for me, may not for you.
Still, I would not be afraid to give Wellbutrin a try (that is, unless you begin to have very bad effects from it,in which case you'll need to let your Doc know).
Wellbutrin is often combined with ssris to ease the sexual side effects, but then you'd have the financial problem again, wouldn't you?  The reason some people can't handle wellbutrin is because it's very stimulating, so if people suffer from anxiety it can make it worse.  If you have pure depression, it doesn't do that.
....so true. If I were fighting anxiety problems, I'm sure that taking just Wellbutrin would be way too stimulating, as Paxiled said.

Wellbutrin is probably Ok for us suffering from just depression, but it's probably way too stimulating for those suffering from anxiety.

Also, sounds like Wellbutrin is too expensive for you,ufcfan.
I'd certainly discuss some natural methods with "somebody" because those will possibly be less expensive.  
Hi there,

Wellbutrin is a wonderful drug. I have been on to now for almost 5 years.
I have a suggestion for expense. you could order it from a pharmacy online, based in Canada, its much and the same drug, manufactured by the same guys.

keith
That's a great Idea!!! I'll look into that.Thanks!
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
KTowne 9 more days :):) Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time