Only depressed when I wake up . . .
I have had depression and anxiety throughout my life but honestly, Im so depressed in mornings that sometimes I even cry and I'm 30! It usually takes me 2 full hours to be completely awake and during those 2 hours - I have to fight myself to get out and get going. Its like I have normal healthy self esteem and think rationallyl throughout the whole day but when I wake up  in the mornings, its like full on depression. I don't think it matters how much sleep I've had.
Does this mean I have some kind of imbalance? I must admit I love to sleep and am guilty of 10-14 hours of sleep if given the opportunity - but thats not as often as I'd like.
Hi there,  I am going through depression but I am taking meds to help me control it.

Have you seen anyone about this?  I think you should be on some kind of meds.  Also, you should be seeing a physcologist.  Sleeping is another sign of depression.  
Please see your doctor about this.
Remember you are not alone.   I am here if you need to talk.
Maggie
Depression is frequently the worst in the morning.  It tends to improve as the day wears on.
I can relate to your symptoms quite well.  It is quite difficult and trying.
Depression will make you exhausted all day no matter how long you sleep.  Anxiety is the icing on the cake.  
You didn't mention what, if any, treatment you received in the past.
I always recommend seeing a psychiatrist for the quickest help.
Help can make your situation much better.  Take Care!
I am very particular and do not like to take any mediction or pills- even tylenol or advil. I even refuse to take birth control and just use condoms.For myself, I think that medications have too many side effects and think they cause more harm than good. My oldest sister is bipolar and definitely benefits from medication but I am very well balanced and do not have any mood descrepencies other than the morning depression.   I'm usually very happy throughout the day and enjoy life - but I must admit that I love to sleep. Anyone else like this?
Hypersomnia is related to depression and the act of sleeping more than you need is messing with your hormones and health and yes there might be guilt related to the act of oversleeping.

A lack of motivation caused by depression is most likely to cause hypersomnia because all you want to do is sleep and therefore messing with your circadian rhythm too. Melatonin use of your brain from serotonin might contribute to the morning depression and hypersomnia. Some antidepressants will cause excessive sleeping too and especially the tricyclics or tetracyclics.

Hypersomia may also be related to some medical conditions such as sleep apnea.

M4
Hi, My depression always really bad in the mornings.  By the afternoon I could function normally.  I have heard other people are worse when they get up.

I am on medication now, and am well and depression under control, and mood even throughout the day.  I have no side effects whatsover, and consider I am so lucky to have found a pill that suits me with no side effects whatsover.

We are all different.  You just have to find the right medication.  Other pills have had awful side effects with me.

If ndepression only in mornings, and you can cope with it, then not much else you can do if you don't like taking medication.