Depression Community
Please stop the dizziness!

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Please stop the dizziness!

I have been taking Venlaflaxine for about two years. Approximately a month ago, I started tapering off-from 75mg twice daily, down to 37.5 once per day. Then I was able to open up the cap and take only 15 mg a day. 4 days ago, I stopped completely and now I am chronically dizzy.

What can I do to stop the dizziness? Would it help or hurt to take Sam-e?

I should tell you, that I do not need an anti-depressant anymore. And I wish to live my life without any.

Please help!

Thank you,
Amy
I think you may have done too fast of a taper. Did you work with your Dr while doing this? You may want to think about going back on a small dose and tapering more slowly. It's really hard to say how long the withdrawal symptoms you're having will last.
Since you are in dire need of taper answers, you should call your pharmacist if you can't make it to the doc for a day or so. They have lots of experience with people taking your med.
Hello, your taper was much too quick, that is why you feel so dizzy.  I myself am tapering off Venlafaxine too.  I am taking it slowly.

Now you are off the drug, I think you should see how you go.  Hopefully the dizziness will ease slowly.  I did stop cold turkey once before, but this time, with my doctor's help I am going very slowly withdrawing.

I am sure the dizziness will ease, and if you can, rest as much as you can.  Would be a shame to ruin all your hard work by going back on the drug.  But, if you continue to feel bad, I suggest you have a chat with a doctor.

Take care, and let us know how you get on.
If you are feeling very bad right now, I am not sure if your doc would say to stay off it, or to get a bit in your system so the distress stabilizes. You really need to get working with a professional right now if you want to minimize the problems.
KeeLolo commented on photo
15 mins ago
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
32 mins ago
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time