Possibility of seizure when stopping period?
I read that seizures are a possiblilty when going through withdrawal of the God Awful medication!! is this something I might have now after almost 12 days of stopping this medication "cold turkey"?
Benzodiazepines withdrawal may cause seizure while stopping cold turkey mostly due to it's action on the GABA neurotransmitter and it's anti-convulsive propriety. I never heard of an antidepressant causing seizure while stopping cold turkey buy you will most likely experience brain zaps which are electric shock-like sensations lasting for a second thru your entire brain and sometimes spreading to other areas. Brain zaps are not to be confused with seizures. Both are extremely different and brain zaps are not dangerous at all. You might have to endure them for up to 1 month,

Another description of the medication you want to quit would have been useful. I don't know such thing as ''God Aweful''.

Best of luck,
M4
Thank you for your help.As you could tell I have never been on this type of Forum. the God Awful med. I am referring to is Effexor XR. Thanks again jude
Effexor is hard to quit cold turkey but I did it with Cymbalta which is almost the same maybe even worse to withdrawn from. Anyway yeah expect brain zaps, mood swings and maybe episodic aggressiveness. My opinion on this is that you better quit cold turkey cause you will be off the med sooner even tho the withdrawal is terrible. You would probably get brain zaps anyway even when tapering off slowly.

Good luck!
M4