Depression Community
Potassium and Bananas????
About This Community:

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Potassium and Bananas????

I have struggled with depression most of my teenage years and adult life (about 10 years) but was only diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety disorder about 2 1/2 years ago. The first time I saw the physician blood work was done to rule out any other reason for my symptoms like thyroid and everything came back normal however she mentioned that my potassium was low but that should not be the reason I am experiencing my depression symptoms. So for the past few years I have taken many anti-depressants off and on (insurance reasons) and recently I had to stop taking my meds again because of insurance. I noticed that my appetite changed completely I started dringkin water again which I stopped while I was on my meds and I also had a weird sudden craving for bananas! I will eat about 3 or 4 a day now when I normally eat about 1 a week! I took it as a sign that my potassium was low but I was wondering if this had any relation to my depression symptoms or my medications?