Depression Community
Prozac and Klonopin

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Prozac and Klonopin

My doctor asked me to take Prozac 20 mg to start with and then after few days 1mg of klonopin. Now I am severely affected both by depression and anxiety. Anxiety is too much in the mornings. Night times are some what better. How long will both of them to take effect (Two years back I took, prozac for a year and then stopped it). I would like to know, when will be things are settling down? Should I increase the dosage (after checking with doctor only)? I would like to know what is the typical period for both of the medicines to kick-in? Can we mix

Any information would be really appreciated.
The Prozac will take full affect in 4 to 6 weeks, with you seeing some improvement in a few weeks.  The Klonopin will kick in within a few days, and these two medications work well together.  You may want to ask your doctor about adding another dose of the Klonopin to help with your anxiety, other than that it's all about patience with the anti-depressant. This is the frustrating part...waiting.  Just know that each day brings you closer to feeling better.  I hope this helps.  Take care.
Patience and moderation do not expect too much too soon from these medications. A similar combination has worked for me and resolved enough of my problems that I can work on the remainder.

I do not expect a pain free life because of them.
mammo and churnman thanks for feedback and answers. mammo, as you said, I will ask Dr. for more klonopin. Let me wait for a period of month and see and how it goes. Keep the fingers crossed. I will update my status after 3 weeks or so.
Other than this two medications, is there anything else (like supplement) can I ask the doctor? what about medicines like 5-HTP?

Thanks for your advice in advance.
There are but you can't mix them with prescription medications, and they come with their own side effects.  Post your question on the "Alternative Therapies" forum where there are very knowlegable people regarding this who can guide you.
Psychotherapy would also be helpful if you aren't receiving that already.
Sometimes talking through things can help you get to the bottom of the problem.
specialmom commented on Individuals with soci...
15 mins ago
memories
19 mins ago by drifter0213
memories
24 mins ago by drifter0213
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time