Prozac and weight gain
Is there a correlation between taking Prozac and weight gain?  I have been on this med for close to 20 years and have steadily gained weight during those years (2-3 pounds a year).  I wondered if it is the meds or just me!?!
SSRIs are notorious for weight gain, but Prozac has less of a weight gain potential (compared to say Paxil). Your weight gain may be natural - over the course of 20 years. Or  it may be the result of the Prozac. But 2-3 pounds per year to gain from an SSRI is not very much. I was on Lexapro for 2-3 years and gained nearly 40 pounds in that time.
I was just put on Prozac yesterday and my doc told me that it is more likely that I will lose weight than gain it.  He said that because I had an eating disorder in the past.
Ya I was on lexapro for 4 years i gain 25kg from 75kg
Then to viepax xr and i maintained 100kg even I exercise, hit the gym 3 times.
The withdraw of viepax is ******* horrible. I misses one dose my panic attacks came many times. Then I have to be xanax for a week.
Recently i miss a viepax dose again it happened again.
This week i am put on flouxetine. It is only 6th day i feel better. I hope i will loose back 20kg. It is easier to withdraw from flouxetine. Vitamin BComplex helps my headaches and Omega 3 helps me a lot less anxiety but for panic disorder i still have to depend on xanax for a week or 2 to get my body back.

Don't any how eat antidepressant medicine. Be happy always. Jesus is with us always. Amen. Cause he died for us.