Prozac dosage too high?
My doctor recently started me on 40 mg of prozac a little over 2 weeks ago.  I have taken numerous depression drugs in the past where my doc has started me on a very low dosage and worked me up to higher dosages but on prozac we went straight to 40 mg.   I have been having headaches, nausua and dizziness.  I thought these symptoms would fade away but I have had no luck.  I'm beginning to wonder if this dosage is too high.  I don't know anything about prozac....is this a high dosage to start off with?
HI!  I started prozac a little less than 2 weeks ago.  He started me off on 20 mg.  He told me it was best to start off slow and then in 3 - 5 wks if it's not working to go up, but I would think that 40 mg is a little high to start off with.  When I first did prozac he started me at 10 mg (the lowest dosage) since it was my first time, then after 4 wks put me at 20 mg.  How long have you been on it?  Take care!
well ive been on paxil for a couple of years and the doc put me on 40 mgs and i felt like a zombie and an airhead, lol. so he put me down to 20 mg 1 time a day and im all back to normal now.  so maybe thats what u need. but talk to your doc first. Call him, so you can start right away and not wait for your next appointment. good luck and leme know what happens! your gonna be fine :)

kel
I was on 3 antidepressants at one time....Wellbutrin, Cymbalta and Seroquel.  My doctor took me off of all 3 and put me on Prozac.  I just thought it was strange that the doctor did not start me on a smaller dosage first and work me up.  I did call the doctor today and ask that they lower my dosage so I'm starting on 20 mg tomorrow.  I sure hope that helps.
I was put on 20 mg to start then she bumped it up to 40 which is where I stayed until it lost it's effectivness and had to switch to another one.  I'm wondering if your Dr put you 40 mg because you're already on phych meds???
I wish you the best and I think you'll do great once they get it adjusted where you need to be at.
I wonder if part of what you are feeling is actually withdrawal from the other meds.  Just a thought.