Prozac vs Generic Prozac
I have been on both Prozac and generic Prozac in the past.  I thought it was just a coincidence but the brand name Prozac worked much better than the generic for me.  My doctor confirmed this and said she didn't believe the generic form was as effective.  Anyone else have any experience with this?
This is not unusual. My Psychiatrist also told me that many Generics on the market are not as effective as their name brand counter parts.

I noticed that my generic Lamictal was not as potent as the name brand version. Many Generic drugs are made in China and in some other very scary places around the globe.

I wont even by Chinees products and here I am ingesting chinees chemicals. Kind of freaks me out a bit.
lol....so true.

The only problem with the Brand name is the cost!!  Brand name Prozac 90 day mail order $445 !  Generic Chinees stuf about $28  and this is with insurance.  I've asked my doc to see if there is a reliable generic SSRI drug out there that won't break the bank.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Oh and please don't suggest Paroxetine (Paxil) been down that rode....not a fun drug to come off of, not to mention the sexual side effects
Alternative..... Protriptilyne in Generic form. Low side effects, and no sexual side effects either. Also much more effective than Prozac.

I used to take Prozac and it didn't work near as well as Protriptilyne. And it's not made in China and it is cheap. A one months supply is only $60 and thats if you pay cash with no insurance.

It worked for me, maybe it will work for you also. It has a nice calm, yet energizing effect that I find very theraputic. I gave up on SSRI's a long time ago. They just don't have enouch punch to bust up my severe depression. This Protriptilyne has so serious punch to it.
I've never heard of Protripitlyne....My depression is not severe.  The main issue is my "busy" mind, racing thoughts and worry.  I'm going to do some research on this drug.
I've only been on Prozac for a few days now so I can't determine if it is going to be effective or not.  I was on it 15years ago and it did wonders for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  
I see, then skip what I said. Protriptilyne should only be used on people with very severe cronic depression.

You have a long way to go before that prozac is going to kick in, Maybe 2 or 3 weeks longer.
Yeah, the first time I was on it took about a month or so to kick in...but then again I was more depressed then.  Now it's the racing thoughts.  Thank for your input Hensley 258:)