Depression Community
Refused emergency care due to depression??

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

An emergency room ARNP denied a neck x ray due to my mental health status, after I was involved in a rear-end collision on the same day. (with police report in hand)

On top of her refusing to diagnosis me, she then added diagnostic codes concerning my mental health disorders on her bill that was sent to my PIP auto insurance company to get paid for it. She never spoke to me about any conditions other than my so-called shoulder sprain (which I didn't have by the way, the real problem was my neck which resulted in nerve damage, loss of lordosis (curve), bulging disks etc. that she flat out refused to look at even though my symptoms were pain and numbness).

I already know that she has violated privacy laws by including mental disorder codes in my auto claim, but I am wondering if anyone else has been refused medical care in an ER before....  

I can only suspect that her lack of medical care was due to my mental health status because of how she billed my PIP.

She also included, 'nondependent tobacco use' which translates to "tobacco used solely for the detriment of a person's health" .....mind you, I've never met a tobacco smoker that wasn't dependent on it's use. Along with 'long term current use of other medications of high risk', which is due to the meds I am taking for depression & anxiety, which is a low dose of generic Wellbutrin and a generic anxiety drug called Buspirone 7.5mg.

Only reason she even knows that I smoke, or that I have depression and anxiety is because I had to list the medications that I was on while I was waiting to be seen in the ER.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing??  
Paxiled commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Ball123 commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time