Ritalin against depression?
Im a 33 year old women from Copenhagen, Dk. Ive been battl. depress. for over ten years. Ive been on efoxor 37-325mg in periods. Recently my psyciatrist suggested 100 mg Protheaden for night time, venlaxfaxin 75 mg mornings. It is kinda working for me, but not enough though. He then suggested to add Rithalin - and its only for my depression. Sometimes i doubt if all this medicine is helpfull... I mean, activity and therapy should also be helping, right? Just cant seem to get it all together "perfectly".
Therapy works only sometimes and only if you find the right therapist for you.  Most just sit and chat, which isn't very curative.  Drugs also only work sometimes.  That's why there are so many different forms of therapy and so many different drugs.  Some depressed people benefit from taking speed -- it was a treatment for depression that got replaced by antidepressants because taking speed regularly can be a problem.  As for things being "perfect," were things perfect before you got your depression?  Probably not, right?  Hopefully, if you keep trying different things, such as meditation, exercise, eating really really well, doing things you like, and trying to change the way you think through therapy, you can come out of this.  Drugs don't cure, but they do make life tolerable when other things don't work.  But they don't make life perfect.
I have major depressive disorder and anxiety and they have put me on just about all of the antidepressants there are and  plus I have had about 30 ECTs and nothing really worked until one day I started taking caffeine pills and noticed a change in my mood. I told my doctor and she put me on Ritalin and it has helped me considerably but the only drawback is that I have anxiety issues and Ritalin can flare it up for me which means I have to stop taking it for a day or so or cut back until my depression worsens. For right now Ritalin seems to be the only drug that has helped with my depression and I am no longer taking any antidepressants now. I just take Clonazepam for my anxiety. Hope this helps you.