SEVERE Depression - Does Ritalin cause this?
I have been taking 10mg of ritalin 3 times a day on an empty stomach for 5 months.   I have noticed that I am extremely depressed in the mornings and mid mornings.  I suffer from major depression and am taking Celexa 40mg.  Why isnt' the Celexa working?  Is it because of the Ritalin?  Please help.  I don't think I can live like this anymore.................
You might need a med adjustment.  See your psychiatrist and explain what is going on.  Ritalin is usually prescribed with an antidepressant, but perhaps whatever sort you are on isn't what you need.  You psychiatrist will be able to help you.
I have been on Celexa 40mg since January.  I have explained to my psych. that I am very depressed and he increased the Topamax that I was taking from 50mg to 100mg a day.  I just want to know if Ritalin can cause depression.
Ann, I got curious and found this.  Not sure if it will help, but thought I would share.

http://www.ncpamd.com/Stimulant_Side_Effects.htm
thanks littlebit - I will check it out.  I take it for ADD but I think I am going to have no choice but to stop it in order to determine if it is causing the depression.  I am not addicted to it at all but cannot focus if I don't take it.  I am all over the place.  I have a part time job.  I don't make a ton of money but I don't want to lose it.