Seriously,Please Reply,I CANT CRY!
I have depression,i have had depression since i was little, and i am on anti-depressant meds, but i cant seem to cry, my brother passed away a few months ago,and me and my bf broke up about 2 months ago,i NEED to cry but i cant,and its really pushing me over the edge! I need some type of release! WHY CANT I CRY? please reply, i could use some advise/answers please  
Sometimes depression can have the effect of 'flattening' your mood or giving you a 'flat affect'.  This can also be a symptom of some antidepressant meds as well.
You have had some sad emotional events in your life and I give you my sympathy.
I think now is a good time to speak to your doctor about the things you are experiencing and let him guide you further. Speaking with a therapist will also be most helpful. You need to talk about these things with someone who can help you and to just get them out.

When I feel as though I need a release and/or a really good cry, especially when I can't really vocalize what I am experiencing I find that watching some good old-fashioned sappy movies helps. I will watch love-stories or "chick-flicks" or even Grey's Anatomy, essentially anything that will move me to tears.

I hope this helps.
Know what you're going through. I've been there too. I couldn't even cry when my Dad died, and he was the most important figure in my life.

I went to see a bereavement counsellor and that really helped. Even if you don't grieve at the time you have to do it someday or the sadness just stays with you. Everyone grieves in different ways but a bereavement counsellor will help you through the stages that are right for you.

Hope you can give it a try.
To everyone who posted a reply thank you, i have had a therapist before i recently stopped seeing her because if i told her i was sad but couldn't cry she would just put me on more anti-depressants, thats what she did when i shared with her my cant cry problem, im only 16 and i dont want to be living off of anti-depressants so i stopped seeing her,plus the money with my parents got tighter and now i cant cry and im without a therapist.i have tried the "sad movie cure" but it didn't seem to do the trick even the notebook (which usually makes me cry,)failed, i will keep trying though maybe a little bit of titanic should work lol.  thanks :)
Don't give up on counsellors.

The one you had doesn't seem to have been very good.
It's not the job of a counsellor to put you on anti-depressants, the role is in talk therapies.

Also, you shouldn't be afraid of antidepressants. Yes, you're only 16 but you don't need to be on them for ever, and with many kinds there isn't any problem coming off. I've been on antidepressants a few times over the years, never for longer than a year and I have to say they really did help.

It sounds to me like you may be on the wrong antidepressant (ie it may be a very good one but it doesn't suit you personally- after all, we're all different and there's no one size fits all antidepressant).

There's a couple of options there for you.

Think them over and take care of yourself.
I have had depression and couldn't cry cos I was too much filled with dissapointment. But when I was able to look more deeply into the nature of life and my reality I was able to find a sense of relief along the way and cry. I believe that it is natural with depression to not be able to cry, for me it was because I was too filled with hatred.. but hatred is not the real answer. I believe once we can look deeply and cultivate love and resolve our problems, we will be more receptive to sorrow, as sorrow is the great relief, and it is nessesary in order for us to cry. I have a quote "a good heart will turn all bad into sorrow and all good into joy". If you can look deeply into the nature of your concerns you will be able to have compassion and love and sorrow for all the bad things in your life. Don't try to force yourself to cry, allow yourself to look deeply into the sad nature of your hardship and allow the emotion of sorrow to cultivate within you, and eventully, you will be able to cry, and become free and at peace once again, or finally!  This is very possible :)  Take care of yourself and reach out to people, you will find support and love!! You are still very young and deserve a good life!
Dear,

You look really cute, your cheerful pic really spreads energy around. Why dont you cry. because you dont HAVE TO. you really want to smile and be happy thats your nature? is-int it?
start looking for new friends to make and sure u r a talented girl will find a gr8 friend. Also dont quit on therapists as the last option.
Also go out to a different place which would change the monotony of your life. Also start having a hobby it really helps!!!
If at all you cry , its going to give you small relief, because of the sad things in life like your brother passing away. sorry on his demise. May his soul rest in peace. Please tell the same u will feel a little better.

This is the time to be happy, now after u cried!
Hi, first let me say how sorry I am you lost your brother.  How terrible for you.  Sorry for your break up, too.  That's really rough.

I can completely relate to your post.  I've had depression since I was...well, forever and from age 10 to 20 I never cried once.  I went on anti-depressants at age 20 and it got even worse due to the meds.  It wasn't until I went off them c/t without knowing any better at age 28 that the floodgates opened and I ended up crying everyday for 2 solid months.  I would be curious to know if you've always had trouble crying or since you went on AD's?

I'm afraid I don't have a suggestion for you, just wanted you to know you're not alone.   Since you probably feel very *flat,* there's not much to do about that.  Kind of a side effect of AD's...and depression.  
thanks for the reply, also  thank  you for the comment about mypicture but i am sad to say that was about 2 years ago when my brother came to celebrate my b day,ever since he pasted away, its like i have no emotions at all, i NEED to cry because i dont want to go back to old habits of "getting some release"  i will try getting a hobby, maybe something will get some emotion going. thank you again
I CRIEDDD :), haha i know i shouldn't be this happy to cry but i still am :) all it took was me almost loosing my new bf during a fight.im pretty sure he will never know how much better he made me feel. thanks for the help you guys :)
Don't get addicted to crying now. Worst thing you could do is start fights with him on purpose just to cry and feel better.
Hmmm I'm not sure.. If it works for you  fight!  :)
hahahaha, he started it not me so im not addicted :) haha, just feeling better :)
Getting a hobbie/activity will level your emotions back to normal, also get help with the dr. that prescribed your meds. Sometimes laughing is as good therapy as crying.
xxx