Depression Community
St John's Wort

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

St John's Wort

Has anyone taken St John's wort to treat depression? Does it work? I'm considering taking it, but I'm not sure of how effective it is... I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.
St John's Wort has different effects on different people. Some people say it works wonders, others not. Are you looking for something to help yourself. Maybe, if you want to, you can give me a little more information about yourself and I can give you some ideas.

Shari
Mnay studies indicate that St John's wort can be helpful for Mild to moderate forms of Uni-polar depression. It has not proven to be very effective for individuals with severe forms of depression, anxiety, or bi-polar depression.

Years ago I had tried it for a few months, and (at least for me) it was completly non effective.
I have taken st johns wort for years, it helps me a lot. If I miss taking it for several days or weeks, I start getting depressed again and then remember I didn't take it for awhile. you have to be on it about 3 weeks before you notice any difference. but beware, if your on st johns and birth control pills, the birth control will become not effective. thats how I got one of my granddaughters...but we're all glad she's here now.
CAT
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
TTC2006 commented on photo
veronica0808 commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time