Depression Community
Stopping Abilify

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Stopping Abilify

Im thinking after some research that the low dose of abilify im on is causing my excessive dizziness and slow moving walk..i have had dizziness since being on the med (Jan 09) but its got worse aand now trouble walking ,kinda slow and unsteady I know once my dr said i could stop the abilify without taper but I hadnt been on it as long as I have now..its ruining my life im on it as a mood stabilizer....my question is can I stop it without a taper,,,,,,,,,,,i cant see my dr till  jan.....anyone have this experience before? Or know if i can just stop it>
I was on Abilify for about 4 months. I didn't get the bad symptoms you got, but I came to the conclusion that the drug was a joke and no more effective than a sugar pill.

It did no good so I stopped taking it. I was on a moderate dosage and I quit cold turkey. (I had no problems with this, but that doesn't mean you won't)

I'm just giving you my cold turkey experience. If you are going to stop then just to be safe you could cut the tabs in half and move down real slow like that. That way at least if you start feeling bad then some the the drug will still be in your body.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
10356 commented on Jade59's status
CRSeaside commented on Help
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time