Depression Community
Stopping Flashbacks

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Stopping Flashbacks

Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whassup. My name is Hamed Khatiz and I am a sixteen year old student, writer, drummer, adviser, hero, friend, former friend, Superman, music lover, Boyce Avenue fan and many more from Sydney.

My friend was hospitalised last month twice in three days for internal bleeding and then a lack of rest after coming back to school extremely early.

Since then, seeing her in pain and talking to her during the first incident and seeing her asleep for only a few second being blocked by the principal telling me to **** off during the second, I have had flashbacks.

In sleep and during my waking hours, I come back.

I spoke to the school counsellor and he said it was more than normal and he said they will go away the more I see her and the more I talk to her. The more I know she is OK, the less I will come back to a time when she wasn't which makes sense.

I really love her, she is a good friend of mine and it is something I have never seen before, so...

What do you reckon?

Khatiz.
Seeing your friend so sick was very traumatic for you, and I agree with your doctor.  When you see someone you care about suffering, it's difficult to get the sight out of your head.  But the more you see her and realize that she is okay, the better you will feel.  If when she is much better you still experience this, I would see a therapist to help you work through this.  You and her will be okay.
Donut_hearted commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time