Depression Community
Stopping Prozac

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Stopping Prozac

I have been taking prozac for 6 days andi feel kindamore anxious and in a fog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also a member told me on her prozac reacts with the abilify i have been on so now im scared to take them both...........any imput,,,,,,,,,,,imgonna stop the prozac
Don't worry, I felt the same at first.

It takes a month or more for it to take the desired effect. If you've only taken it for 6 days, it's your body's reaction to the unfamiliar newness. The unknown can be scary and your bodies is reacting with a little anxiousness and fogginess to it.

You have to build a tolerance to it before it works. What you're feeling is the initial building of tolerance.

As s for the girl who told you,' it react with her abilties",.......everyone's different, so everyone will have a experience. A lot of people have had positive experiences.

Took it for a few years (over 10 yrs ago), It was good, thumbs up

This is common, but the dosage may be too high.  DO NOT STOP THE PROZAC ABRUPTLY, this can cause seizures and other bad side affects.  Call the doc who prescribed the Prozac and tell him what you are feeling, that's what he is there for.  He can guide you as to what to do.  Don't go by other's experiences, as we are all different.  Prozac is a safe drug, I was on it for many years.
just been notified that abilify is a drug (and not JUST a spelling error. ha ha ha  lol ) .

I think the member your talking about is worried about the possible toxicity of prozac and  abilify together on her liver.

That's a very, very valid concern. Talk to your doctor about recommended dosages.He/she could change the proportions.
Or you could have him put you on something less toxic to your liver than prozac.

Also have him periodically test your blood for liver toxicity for peace of mind.

As for your  prozac issue now:
Since you've only taken prozac for about 6 days, you haven't developed a dependence on it yet. It takes well over a month, to a month and a half for prozac to fully kick in.
I'm sure you can KICK it without withdrawals.
It's your call on this one.....
Please go on your doctor's advice.  I would expect you to feel better in a week or 2, but to get peace of mind, contact your doctor and get his guidance on this.
Vance2335 commented on HIV and ORAL SEX: The...
47 mins ago
malbat commented on HIV and ORAL SEX: The...
57 mins ago
123tushar07 commented on A hard day
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time