Switching SSRI From Paxil
I have been on Paxil for over 10 years, Paxil CR 25 mg and decided to try to get off of them.  I am down to Paxil 10 mg (weaning due to horrible withdrawal), and after about 3 weeks on this dose feel symptoms of my depression/anxiety coming back - lack of motivation, feeling melancholy, focusing too much on the negative, anxiety, etc...  I do not want to go back up on the Paxil as it has been so hard to come off of.  There are so MANY depression/anxiety meds that I do not even know where to begin to decide which might be a good alternative.  Any suggestions???
Hi Lori,

I just wanted to say I am on this journey with you.  I've been on Lexapro for five years (with the ocassional break).  I have acute chronic anxiety and panic attacks.  I've been weaning off 20 mg of Lexapro.

I too am beginning to experience some of the symptoms that reveal my anxiety disorder.  

I cannot do SSRI's anymore - I've been on Paxil and Lexapro, both left me with weight gain (which dropped off quickly), and a complete loss of creativity.  Although my symptoms were well controlled, I'm not sure the payoff is worth it.  I wish I could find some alternative.
Are you trying to swap Paxil for another AD medication? If so, is it because the Paxil is no longer working to control your Depression and anxiety?

Just trying to understand why your switching meds.
My daughter is 21 and has been on Paxil since she has been in 4th grade. She wants to get off so bad and has the same problems. She has tried so many times and withdrawls are so bad. I just went on line and I think I just found a drug that will work. It is called Tianeptine. Or the other one you can look up is Tricyclic. She is getting married this Nov and wants to have children. Paxil will cause birth defects, so she really needs to find something else. Funny how are Doctors can never find a drug to swith us to. How we have asked jover the years!!!!