Depression Community
Switching from Pristiq to Effexor

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Switching from Pristiq to Effexor

I called in to the doctor's office for a refill on my Pristiq. The doctor that prescribed my medication recently left the practice. I assume that is why the current physician will not see me until I come in. Today, we moved our patients to our brand new hospital- where I work. My schedule for the next few weeks is basically to work night and day. I am unable to go to a doctor's appointment right now. I cannot miss work. I don't have to tell anyone here how important it is to maintain employment in this economy. I even left a follow up message, asking for samples until I could miss work (maybe on a Saturday morning?) It has been 5 days without my A/D and I am crashing and burning. I have 23 Effexor pills from a May script, from switching to Pristiq. Is it safe to take the Effexor to get me by? I have to do something. I feel that I am crashing and burning and cannot stop crying. I just want to know if it is safe. Thank you!!
Doctors know that you cannot suddenly stop taking this medication.  Since you cannot get in to see the doctor soon enough, call his office and ask this question, they can best advise you.  They know what's happening and will advise you accordingly.
You should see your doctor, but my psychiatrist told me that 50mg Pristiq=150mg Effexor XR.
None of us are professionals, just people sharing our experiences with others.  When it comes to switching and changing medication it is always best to do it under the advice of your doctor.
Raspberry_belle uploaded new photos
58 mins ago
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Bubulous Finally got my computer out... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time