The poor in mental health.
Early Tuesday morning I relapsed. I have been a self harmer since the age of 12 when I started small with pins and paper clips. My sister called 911 seeing as my parents were working. I went to the bathroom because I was bleeding alot and got dizzy. Next thing I know two police officers are comforting me and took me to the hospital. Now here's where things really opened my mind to the biggest problem in mental health. I walked through the AMBULANCE entrance with TWO police officers, not covered up and visibly bleeding from my wrists. As I walked through the emergency room (it was not busy at all) I received NO HELP. I got a few looks for the nurses but they just walked on by. I sat down in a chair and got my blood pressure taken. The nurse didn't even care to look at my wrists. She didn't even TALK to me. I was then put in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT in small room with the two cops. I waited FOUR hours only to find out the mental health crisis team was at home SLEEPING and OFF DUTY. I was left seeing a hospital grade phychiatrist who had a nurse bandage me up and tell me I was safe enough to go home. SAD. I got NO help what so ever. Now what if someone else did this but it was too late? Who would be too blame? Now we wonder why were losing lives. WE GET NO HELP AND WE ARE NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Things need to change and i'm willing to do it. Even if I have to do it alone. The mental health system here is PATHETIC. Does anyone have it any better? I'm in Ontario Canada. I'd love your input.
In Australia the mental health system is shocking,always has been,there have been many suicides whilst in the care of these so called professionals,it's just not good enough considering 1 in 4 people have a mental illness.They just don't care and you're just another number which is sad but don't ever give them the satisfaction and tackle depression with strong determination and toughness--you give up and they win.All the best.