They call it the holiday blues...
If it was just the holiday blues, then I would just feel sad and lonely, but I feel so much more than that.

I live with depression every single day of my life. I struggle to feel happy.

Lately I have been having the overwhelming thought to hurt myself. I know it is in part due to the holidays. I've lost everything and am living with my girlfriend. I shouldn't be living with her at this early stage in our relationship and it's really screwed things up between us, but she is the only friend I had that I could stay with when I could no longer afford to live on my own without a job. I don't have any other friends or family.

Most days I want to just pack up what little I have here and leave to go live on the streets so that I am not living off of my girlfriend. Not that my plan would be to really live off the streets. I really just want to leave so that I can off myself and I can't do that here in her home.

After the loss of a job, loss of my home, loss of all my possessions to storage, having $0.00 of incoming finances, having a strained relationship with the only person in my life, how do I overcome the overwhelming need to hurt myself? What do I do when I am alone, lonely and wishing for death?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KatieLay91 added the Mood Tracker
Apr 03
KatieLay91 added the Food Diary
Apr 03
KatieLay91 is ... concerned about my dog Comment
Apr 03