Depression Community
Toxic Poisoning

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Toxic Poisoning

My dog was poisoned - me too - I put ice cubes on Tawny's swollen nose to help her out and my fingers turned purple subcutaneously - and I mean PURPLE - the deepest purple imaginable - Tawny died - my blood work came back with high Creatine Kinase - not good news!  

I have another problem - the furnace backed up and my entire house filled with beige dust that is high acid - There was a toxic spill not far from where I live - a tanker lost it's load into a ditch - it was full of acid for making photographic paper which is exported to Japan. . . .My basement is unfinished and has a 'dirt' floor - this is the same dirt as the field out back of this property and the farm land was deemed 'unfit' for animals when the soil tests were made when it changed "Title"  a few years back -  Am having a real hard time trying to get the soil tested for toxins - if it wasn't fit for animals - what about humans? Can anyone help?

This is getting to me - I'm hypersensitive - my doctor says we will 'monitor' the situation of the high C K with further blood work - but the dust problem hasn't been addressed yet and it burns my skin upon contact - I'm getting pretty fed up with the massive clean-up I've been left to do on my own.
I'm sorry about your dog.
If you have somewhere else you can stay I would strongly advise shifting.

Is your basement covered?  If so, that would provide some protection and I don't think that it would be as contaminated as the field.  Was the contaminated soil removed to your property?  If so, that's bad.  Has your property just been developed since the spill?  Possibly also bad.

If you were desperate you could probably pay to have someone test your soil.

Regarding your home all I can advise is putting some sort of protective gear on and cleaning your house (or pay to have someone do it).

Whose responsibility was the furnace?  If yours, I'm not sure you have any grounds for recourse.

Other options would be to scrap a layer of the dirt off.  Not sure if there would have been any leeching of chemicals into the soil.  ??

I would try one of the expert forums.  Not sure which one though.  It could fit under the healthy lifestyle part of the weight loss and healthy lifestyle expert forum.  One of the vets may also have some advice being that farming is more related to the land and environmental issues.

Good luck.
Bubulous Finally got my computer out... Comment
24 mins ago
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time