Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar_universal
Toxic Poisoning
My dog was poisoned - me too - I put ice cubes on Tawny's swollen nose to help her out and my fingers turned purple subcutaneously - and I mean PURPLE - the deepest purple imaginable - Tawny died - my blood work came back with high Creatine Kinase - not good news!  

I have another problem - the furnace backed up and my entire house filled with beige dust that is high acid - There was a toxic spill not far from where I live - a tanker lost it's load into a ditch - it was full of acid for making photographic paper which is exported to Japan. . . .My basement is unfinished and has a 'dirt' floor - this is the same dirt as the field out back of this property and the farm land was deemed 'unfit' for animals when the soil tests were made when it changed "Title"  a few years back -  Am having a real hard time trying to get the soil tested for toxins - if it wasn't fit for animals - what about humans? Can anyone help?

This is getting to me - I'm hypersensitive - my doctor says we will 'monitor' the situation of the high C K with further blood work - but the dust problem hasn't been addressed yet and it burns my skin upon contact - I'm getting pretty fed up with the massive clean-up I've been left to do on my own.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar_universal
I'm sorry about your dog.
If you have somewhere else you can stay I would strongly advise shifting.

Is your basement covered?  If so, that would provide some protection and I don't think that it would be as contaminated as the field.  Was the contaminated soil removed to your property?  If so, that's bad.  Has your property just been developed since the spill?  Possibly also bad.

If you were desperate you could probably pay to have someone test your soil.

Regarding your home all I can advise is putting some sort of protective gear on and cleaning your house (or pay to have someone do it).

Whose responsibility was the furnace?  If yours, I'm not sure you have any grounds for recourse.

Other options would be to scrap a layer of the dirt off.  Not sure if there would have been any leeching of chemicals into the soil.  ??

I would try one of the expert forums.  Not sure which one though.  It could fit under the healthy lifestyle part of the weight loss and healthy lifestyle expert forum.  One of the vets may also have some advice being that farming is more related to the land and environmental issues.

Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Avatar_universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar_universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Toxic Poisoning
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
6077797_tn?1453503538
Blank
veronica0808 commented on LONG, but I need inpu...
25 mins ago
17049300_tn?1454692529
Blank
Belle313, KTowne, and gloryrose commented on renae176's status
29 mins ago
2020005_tn?1417986816
Blank
KTowne commented on LONG, but I need inpu...
32 mins ago
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Avatar_universal
Blank
Arlington, VA
1551327_tn?1414146344
Blank
Tompkinsville, KY
6726276_tn?1421130268
Blank
Huntington Beach, CA
Avatar_universal
Blank
1257808_tn?1322765815
Blank
Other
301447_tn?1436786424
Blank
internet world, NY
Depression Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1443740527
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Avatar_universal
Blank
Arlington, VA
1551327_tn?1414146344
Blank
Tompkinsville, KY
6726276_tn?1421130268
Blank
Huntington Beach, CA
Avatar_universal
Blank
1257808_tn?1322765815
Blank
Other
301447_tn?1436786424
Blank
internet world, NY