Tramadol for depression?
I've been having back pain recently which stems from something that I have had since I was a kid, although it seems to be getting worse as I get older. What will happen is that the pain will start in my back then move down my legs. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can hardly walk. I've been to the doctors many times, but they can never pinpoint what is causing it.

Anyway, the doctor recently prescribed Tramadol for the pain. It did help ease the pain, but I also found out that it helped with another big problem I have...depression.

I've tried Effexor, Wellbutrin and a few other meds in the past for my depression, but they really didn't do much for me. The Tramadol, I have found, works for the depression like the others couldn't. I have energy. When I wake up, I actually feel like doing stuff. I don't feel negative. I don't have mood swings.

I've been reading on other sites that others have had similar success with Tramadol and that some doctors are even prescribing it for depression. In fact, from what I have been reading, Tramadol works like venlafaxine (Effexor) does, even when it comes to the withdrawals, or easing off the medication.

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who has had the same results with Tramadol or has been prescribed Tramadol for depression?
I've been prescribed Tramadol 50mg but never took it because I'm taking Wellbutrin XL 150 for depression and the pharmacist said there's an interaction, although mild.

After suffering from so many adverse reactions to drugs I'm scared to take it, even though I know it'd help ease the pain.

From what I've heard, Tramadol aka Ultram acts on serotonin receptors.
I took Wellbutrin briefly, but went off of it after it caused a multitude of side effects and actually made me worse.
I have been taking Tramadol for 2 years now. It started at 1 or 2, (100mg)  3-5 times a day then up to 5, 3-5 times a day. I am down to 2-3 at a time now. I have suffered from depression for most all of my life and I have found ways of self medicating that have helped ease the symptoms. Tramadol took my depression away and it helps me get through the day. But I am so strongly dependent on them. I want to quit so badly. I'm trying just by taking less and less but I've experienced withdrawals and every time I feel the symptoms coming on I pop some right in:(  
If you become addicted to things easily I don't reccomdend taking it for depression because I don't with the withdrawals symptoms on anyone not even my worst enemy.  I'm looking for support to quit if u have any suggestions, thanks