Vivid dreams(aka. nightmares) from Lexapro or ADD?
I've been on Lexapro 20 mg for almost 2 years.  I also have ADD and I've been taking adderol for about 5.  Seems like for the past year or so I've been having numerous vivid dreams every night and i can ALWAYS remember them clearly.  There are two guys from my past that are always the stars of my dreams.  Two guys i loved and lost in these past two years(who are strangely born on the exact same day)  Anyway, i finally have a new boyfriend but i'm TORTURED by these dreams, as he is rarely in them and they won't allow me to let go of the past guys.  And the few times my b/f was the star of the show, he was cheating on me.  These dreams just make me feel the most intense and worst emotions! they're really getting to me after 2 times of 365 nightmares.  i wonder if it's cause of the meds?
somebody pllzzzz help if anybody is having the same thing plzz let me know thx much apprciated
I'm taking Lexapro 10 mg and also have very vivid dreams nightly. My mother, who left us when I was a teenager, is generally in the dreams. I'm happy taking Lexapro -- it has very much changed my life and outlook. However, I will say that the dreams are very bothersome and can wear you down. It's hard to appreciate the effects of the day when you are still tired from dreaming the night before.

If you search lexapro vivid dreams on Google, you'll notice that several people have  noted similar effects. Hope you feel better :)
I'm with you ... VERY VIVID DREAMS ... not really reoccurring ... in fact, just the opposite. Amazing, interesting, detailed. Yet, not relaxing by any means. I take my dose at night ... wonder if changing the dose to morning might help.
I have ADD, and these vivid dreams are the result of being bombarded with discussions from people everyday (I am a full time college art student, so lots and lots of history, and lectures). I've been painting my dreams and it really has helped take the stress off of an over active schedule.

You're not alone.
I cannot believe I am reading this, I started taking Lexapro about 5 months ago and I dont even want to sleep anymore because of the dreams. The dreams are awful. Vivid nightmares. I remember everything. I wake up screaming and have nightsweats.
sorry to hear of everyone having the vivid dreams while taking ssri's such as escitalopram.  unfortunately it is a common side effect.  something you can try is a med called Prazosin taken before bed which is known to stop nightmares and give you good sleep.  Prazosin also reduces anxiety.