Wellbutrin not working anymore. . .alternatives?
I've been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 5 years, and recently I suspect that it's no longer working for me.  My old feelings of depression are returning in addition to some anxiety as well.  I think it's time to talk to my psychiatrist about switching.

I don't want to take an SSRI (Effexor, Zoloft, Paxil, etc), because I was once on Effexor and it made me feel worse. . .like a cold, emotionless zombie.  Not to mention that I stayed on a low dose of Effexor with Wellbutrin and when I finally went off Effexor, it was a hellish withdrawal.  I don't want to experience that again.

Has anyone ever transitioned effectively from Wellbutrin to another antidepressant?  What has worked for you?

Thanks,
Kelly
I never took wellbutrin but I am bipolar so I take a combo of celexa zyprexa.I like the celexa because it doesnt have the side effects of lots of other antidepressent.I still have feelings.I get sad,mad, and happy like a normal thing.Not the extremes I use to get.
Talk it over with your doc and go from there.
Love Venora
Paxil CR worked for awhile. I now take Cymbalta and it has worked well for the last two years. Prozac made me into a zombie. Zoloft affected my sex drive.