Wellbutrin spasms
I have Complex PTSD and major depression. I have been through Celexa, Zoloft, and then Wellbutrin.
I am 21 years old, relatively fit, female.

Celexa and Zoloft, I felt fatigued more, irritable, and had suicidal thoughts.

Then I went to try Wellbutrin.....first the first week I couldn't eat a thing but I also felt very happy and more rational. I thought it was perfect. Then I was studying for an oral exam and experienced anxiety, then I start to spasm. My chest at first jerked upward and then my right arm started to shake uncontrollably. This went on for TEN days without relief, it was so tiring and humiliating. It was so horrible and painful. My heart was overexerted. I started to experience panic attacks for the first time in my life.
I went to the ER the first night this happened and all they did was put me on Ativan and send me home, all the while the shaking went on for over a week after this. My doctor gave me Propanalol for my heart pain. He didn't believe Wellbutrin was the cause, maybe he's just covering his ***. But I remember how wonderful I felt before this happened. He put me back on Zoloft...but I don't even bother with it anymore. It doesn't help.

I really want a decent antidepressant. I feel like I can't win.
Wellbutrin is one of the more stimulating antidepressants Many of the people that have taken it, including myself, have found that it does not help with anxiety. It does sound like Wellbutrin was really helping your depression. It's not uncommon to be on a combo of meds. Maybe you might want to think about talking to your Dr about going back on Wellbutrin but also adding an anti anxiety med to see how that works. You did'nt do well on Zoloft so it's probably not a good idea to start back on that. I wish I could tell you for sure if your symptoms were from Wellbutrin or not. All of these meds come with possible side effects and it's really hard to say if you get any of them, some of them or many. You are having symptoms of anxiety. Have you ever had problems with anxiety before you started this med? Are you in the therapy right now for your PTSD and depression?
I am in therapy, haven't been there in a month because she's on vacation, so I've been feeling a little out of control.

I think part of it is I need a new doctor....it is hard for me to feel comfortable talking to a male doctor (PTSD) and he doesn't listen to me very well. He's not very skillful, when I said I felt suicidal he told me don't do anything stupid! I felt insulted....my feelings aren't stupid. I think if I felt more comfortable with my doctor I would get new meds.

Thank you remar