Went off Cymbalta onto Zoloft. No good- made SX's worse.
Jan 7 2014 went off Cymbalta after 5.5 yrs bc last yr I thought it could be improved. Things weren't bad at all, just some hypochondria after some medical issues. I went to my Psychistrist Jan 7. Switched to Zoloft. A month into Zoloft, had horrible panic attacks that went into depression too. Psych NP put me back on Cymbalta bc I said I liked it for 5.5 yrs. I'm a month back into Cymbalta. I've had mostly good days. Yesterday I got a scary low mood that made me anxious (after helping my best friend pack bc she's moving). That IS depressing but this I'm having a hard time shaking. This morning woke up with weird mood again.

My question- will the Cymbalta work again since I went off of it for a month and the Zoloft messed me up?  How long to get my chemicals straightened out again?  I'm so frightened the Cymbalta isn't going to work for me bc of these "steps back" of anxiety/depression times. Did I ruin my chemicals?! Will I get normal again?

Thank you,
Lisa
As you know, anti depressants take up to eight weeks to show improvement in mood.  It may be that you need to give it more time to really help you.  I think things will settle down for you.

I have done the same.  Went onto a medication that caused havoc with me, and had to stop it immediately, then went onto another.  Our bodies just need time to adjust.

I cannot say for sure if the Cymbalta will work again, but cannot see any reason why it shouldn't.  

Take care and let us know how things go.
I'm doing much better. Been on full dose (60mg) Cymbalta now for a month and it does seem to be working again!  I was impatient feeling cruddy. I didn't realize how common it was that med switched can be yucky as I'd never experienced it before. Thank-you for the comment- it was very comforting and helpful!  

Btw, I'm also doing positive changes like exercising, reading good self-help books and in therapy (actually doing the work- I switched meds in the first place bc I thought anti d could be improved). it was working, but i had some things go on last year that I let get outta hand with negative thinking and didn't realize it). Anti D's are just a tool, a good tool when needed but they can't do it all. :-) Thank-you again!!!
I am so very pleased that you are feeling better.  I do hope it continues.  

You are a very positive person, and are doing all you can to help yourself which is great.  

Take care.