Depression User Group
What can i do to get out of this rut?
About This Group:

:(

Founded by I_miss_SA on October 2, 2009
154 members

What can i do to get out of this rut?

Ive been depressed now for a year and a half. I'm 19. I was at uni but i had to drop out with me being so unwell. I also have anxiety issues and obsessive thoughts like i think people are real in my head. It all started when i was a college, i had a terrible time and used my head to cope instead of talking to real people. I get terrible tension headaches that floor me and i sometimeshave to stay in bed for days.
Anyway i live back at home now, im having cbt which helps and am on anti-depressants. I dont have much energy and i have lost interest in everything. I pretty much do nothing all day apart from walk dogs, go gym sometimes and occasionally see friends. I just wish i was interested in something and had some life inside me. Each daty is the same. And i just wish i had someone to talk to when i feel down its horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get some life back in me?
1 Comment
Rose,
I suffer from depression and anxiety. i find being active, keeping busy, doing almost anything than nothing helps both depression and anxiety. i used to lay around all day in bed, but now i do something to up my confidence and it really works.
evewisewoman August has arrived. Enjoy e... Comment
Aug 20
genguru uploaded a new photo
Aug 09
evewisewoman commented on photo
Aug 07