Depression Community
What should I do? Is suicide the answer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

I'm a 17 year old girl & I think I'm depressed. I don't remember the time when I actually felt content with my life. From time to time when my life becomes unbearable I think about committing a suicide. I have tried it twice before by drinking some drugs but it didn't work. I feel like I don't belong anywhere. My relationship with my parents is distinct, I'm not close to my mother and I constantly have arguments with her as well as with my sister. My dad gets angry pretty easily & he doesn't even understands me or anything that concerns me. I try to not to bother them so that they'll just leave me alone. Recently, my grandma passed away who was the only person in the world I cared about, who accepted me & understood me. At school, I have a couple of close friends but my best friend moved this year. they don't understand me that much I just hang out with them so that I won't have to be alone. My grades are low. I feel bad about myself, my body & my appearance. I try to be positive at times but sometimes I break down. I often cry myself to sleep. I broke up with my boyfriend recently I got tired of breaking up and making up with him. He crushed my pride, used my love. I thought we'll be always together I felt like he was the one, my 1st lobe. But he turned out to be a jerk. Our relationship was based on lies. Besides I didn't want to lie to my parents they didn't know it my family is very strict and wouldn't have approved. I don't know what to do with my life. I keep making the same mistakes over and over. I feel like my past is always haunting me. I don't know what to do. I really want to life & have a happy life. I've got so many dreams & goals that I want to accomplish but I don't know from what to start. I don't want to end my life. I'm grateful for everything that I've got & I know that there a people in the world with far more worse problems and conditions but still I feel bad. I feel sad most of the time I don't know why. I'm don't sulk around 24/7 but I cry for no reason at all. I feel lost & trapped. I sometimes feel jealous of people who seem so happy with what they got. I just don't know what to do. My life seems so useless, meaningless & hopeless. I think that no 1 even would have cared if I just disappeared.  I'm afraid that my family won't understand me if I ask them for help. I feel so completely lonely. Please help. what should I do1?
I also think you should seek some professional help.  You've been through a lot of loss at a young age, from your Grandma, to your BF moving away.  Depression makes us isolate ourselves, making us that more depressed.

You feel you're not strong, but look at how you handled your lousy boyfriend!  Way to go!  You knew you were worthy of a LOT more!  That just shows you that you are alot stronger than you think you are!

There is a lot of help out there for depression, but you have to take that first step and reach out, tell your mom, a guidance counselor, someone...that you need and want help.  You are definitely displaying textbook signs of depression.

If you EVER feel you are a danger to yourself, PLEASE seek help immediately, NOTHING in life is ever that bad to take your own life, or harm yourself.  I know it may not seem that way, but it is true.

We're here for you, and we care.  We know the pain and despair that depression causes.  It's awful, but there IS help.
You are only 17!! You have your WHOLE life ahead of you; suicide should never be the way. Its a permanent consequence to a temporary problem. And you said you have so many goals, and things you wish to accomplish! I suggest you go talk to your school counselor or go to your local clinic and have a consultation with a Doctor about what you are going through, and that you think you are depressed. The Doctor will ***** your symptoms and will either prescribe medicine, and/or recommend going to therapy. But once you go to the doctor, I would also recommend talking with your parent s about the situation, or having your parents talk to your doctor to understand. Furthermore, studies have shown getting exercise has had a positive effect on people with depression in many cases, so I would say get outside and go for a walk and try to take in the beauty of nature and think to yourself the qualities you like in yourself, your dreams, and what is positive in your life. Even if you can do that 15 mins a day and not think about anything negative in that time, I think that might help you, even if it is just a small part in your recovery. Feel free to contact me if you ever want to talk to someone!! :)

like nurse said counseling maybe meds for a short time suicide is quitting and a way straight to hell plus how will you see how life can change and how beautiful it may be  life is short and special we should never choose the easy way out

im not anywhere near your age but get a hold if you need a ear no judgments and my response is not meant to be a judgment just my opinions
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo