What should I do?
I've been wanting to go to this concert for about a year now, I saved up enough money for me and my sis to go. The tickets are expensive, and tbh I think we deserve to treat ourselves to something we both enjoy. I saved all the money by selling items that I bought on my own at the time, and sold them to ebay. You don't know how happy I was that I saved all my money on my own to possibly buy these tickets. My grandmother found out somehow how much I saved and told me that it's a waste of money, and not to buy the tickets. And now that she knows I have this amount she wants me to help her with bill and things. I'm upset I can't believe this, do you think it's right of her to actually look and see how much money I saved? And should I not buy tickets for this event. I'm just upset.... :(. I'm 20, I go to college, I take care of my grandmother, I don't ask for anything in return. What do you think of the situation? And what should I do? I'm depressed right now, cause she called me mean names, and told her to leave her alone. Now I feel bad...I got diagnosed with something that turned my world upside down about 1 year ago. I thought it would be nice for me to end my summer with an awesome concert!
I told her that I really would like to go to this and keep very calm about the situation, but she was still upset.... it's okay as of right now were talking though but still.
Hi and welcome. This is the problem when people live under the same roof. If its not one thing its another. You need to get your own place some day. You should go to the concert for sure but heres the problem now.
It seems youve been living there with minimal house expensis. Your grandma has not asked you before to chip in as thought that you were not capable. Now she sees that if there something YOU want you have a way to get the funds. This is the problem now and i dont believe it will go away as she now see a new part of you.
Yes, it's actually temp. my parents physically abused me, so as of right now I live with her, as her caregiver. She just had money problems right as soon as I got the check. But she did say sorry... which makes me feel a little bit better, but I still feel bad. I can't get a job because I'm in college most of the day. Idk what to do though?
I think being a caregiver would take alot out of someone and my hats off to your for helping her out.
Im sorry about your upbringing but please put this behind you as there is where its at anyway. Bringing past horrors only brings up past horrors and accomplishes nothing. Be strong in yourself and know that when you have children you will kiss them all over instead of beating them all over. There is value in all experiences.
Thanks very much, that means a lot.