Aa
A
A
Close
Withdrawal of pristiq
I have been on Pristiq 50 mg for past six months for the treatment of depression.
Two months back I started to feel better and I asked my psychiatrist about leaving medication. He said since I am on low dose, I can stop talking medication completely.
I talked to my psychologist about it. He suggested me not to leave the medication at this point as I have so many things happening in my life.
So I kept taking it.
I missed my dose untentionally two times on different days and what I felt was nausea, headaches, dizziness. So I was wondering Pristiq can cause such strong side effects even I just missed my one day dose.
So I doubt, leaving the medication cold turkey as my psychiatrist suggested would be a good idea. Do I need to taper it of when I want to leave the medication and how long the side effects may last.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1334146 tn?1303433799
I was on 100 mg Pristiq & if I missed a day, I felt that 'tweaky' dizzy feeling that only lasts a few seconds, but it would happen all day long until I finally took the dose.  It really wasn't working for me & I was taking it erratically too - different times of the day, miss a day, etc.  They switched me over to Celexa in the hospital & I haven't experienced any symptoms or tweakiness since then.  Are they offering you a substitute for the Pristiq?
Good luck & God Bless.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
28 mins ago
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
4 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
7 hrs ago
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
1551327 tn?1479328116
Blank
Tompkinsville, KY
1415482 tn?1459706314