Withdrawal of pristiq
I have been on Pristiq 50 mg for past six months for the treatment of depression.
Two months back I started to feel better and I asked my psychiatrist about leaving medication. He said since I am on low dose, I can stop talking medication completely.
I talked to my psychologist about it. He suggested me not to leave the medication at this point as I have so many things happening in my life.
So I kept taking it.
I missed my dose untentionally two times on different days and what I felt was nausea, headaches, dizziness. So I was wondering Pristiq can cause such strong side effects even I just missed my one day dose.
So I doubt, leaving the medication cold turkey as my psychiatrist suggested would be a good idea. Do I need to taper it of when I want to leave the medication and how long the side effects may last.
I was on 100 mg Pristiq & if I missed a day, I felt that 'tweaky' dizzy feeling that only lasts a few seconds, but it would happen all day long until I finally took the dose.  It really wasn't working for me & I was taking it erratically too - different times of the day, miss a day, etc.  They switched me over to Celexa in the hospital & I haven't experienced any symptoms or tweakiness since then.  Are they offering you a substitute for the Pristiq?
Good luck & God Bless.