Depression Community
Zoloft Causing Nausea

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Zoloft Causing Nausea

I was prescribed Zoloft starting at 50mg doses for depression. I took my first dose today, and about 3-4 hours later I began experiencing really unpleasant bouts of nausea, along with some chill-like sensations. I have read that this type of thing is normal when first starting to take Zoloft. My question is would it be alright if I took 25mg (half a pill) instead of the full 50 for a while (maybe the first week) to get myself used to it? Would a smaller dose have lessened side effects, specifically nausea? Thank you for any help.
Everyone here will tell you that you will feel worse before you feel better.  We all experience side effects when we first start on anti-depressants.  It does get better I assure you.

I would not advise you to lower the dose.  I really don't think that will stop you feeling nauseous.  Your body just has to adjust to the medication.  Stick with it and you will soon feel the benefit.  Not easy, I know, but try.  Let us know how you get on.  Depression is so difficult, but I think once you get used to the drug you will feel less depressed.
It's important to keep your doctor informed of any concerns regarding a new medication, call your doctor and go from there.  Good luck!
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
KTowne 9 more days :):) Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time