Depression Community
Zoloft for teens

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Zoloft for teens

On Zoloft 25 mg for 3 weeks. Initial terrible insomnia is getting better but still very tired. Sleeping 12-14 ours daily. Is this normal? Will it go away? Taking med in the morning and going back to sleep till 1-2 pm now. Will taking it at night help with the daytime fatigue or will it make insomnia worse?  Will the fatigue make depression and anxiety worse if I cannot cope when school starts?  Is Zoloft right for me? Should I be patient and wait longer?
I am not an expert but I can give you a few suggestions. As always ck with your dr. I would try the med at night. Give it a chance. You won't know if it makes your insomnia worse until you try. You should not need to sleep your day away and this will definetly interfere with school. If taking it at night doesn't help with your daytime tiredness and pm insomnia, it is likely that you are on too high of a dose. Some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to meds. A little may work for you whereas someone else may need a much higher dose to work. Keep in mind that not all meds work for all people. Meaning, if Zoloft isn't the med for you, try a diff one, working with your dr on this.

I hope you are seeing a psychiatrist and not a general practitioner. A psyc dr is much more knowledge in cases like this. They will work for you to find the best med. It does sound like the Zoloft is too high in dosage but try it at night to see what happens. I'm sure you want to take care of this before school starts. Make an appt with the doc please. We are here if you need us.
Also, I don't know if you had insomnia before taking Zoloft. Your insomnia now could be caused by you sleeping so much during the day. We'll say your sleep clock could be messed up from sleeping so much during the day. Once you get back on track, it could get better.
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time