Depression Community
abilify withdrawel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

abilify withdrawel

dr iscontinued my abilify due to too many side effect...i was taking 2.5mg, tapered it to 2mg, the withdrawel is horrible, i feel like i have the flu, my head hurts, im shaky, anxious, it is horrible..after this should i just tsop the abilify or continue to tper till i get low, i am very sensitive to meds , but dont want to feel like this all the time...im too exhausted to do anything....or if anybody has some solutions for the withdrawel symptoms that would be great..
~Kellie
Med withdrawal is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.  I was on Geodon for about two weeks and the side effects were horrible, and the withdrawal was even worse, and I had only been taking it for a short period of time.

Is your doctor going to prescribe something different or are you going to attempt to go med free?

My doctor ended up putting me back on Seroquel (200mg/day), although I changed that medication because of the weight gain, but when I hadn't taken the Geodon for two days and was unable to function, it was almost a relief to be back on something that I knew worked.  He also gave me Klonopin (1mg as needed) for the anxiety that came with the withdrawal.

I'm not sure how long you can expect to go through these symptoms, but definitely give your doctor and call and see if there is anything they can do.  I found the anxiety was the worst part, and was only slightly relieved by taking long walks....

Let me know what happens!
Thanks!! Im acutally on effexor xr 37.5mg, so I guess were trying just that, Im suppose to exercise more  and hes giving me a low dose sleeping pill,  also im in cognitive thereapy to change the way I think so hopefully I wont become depresed again... I go back in a month to see the dr..Its funny, its such a low dose of the pill it shouldt really have any effect, but they all do for me, very frustrating, especially since Im startin a new job today....So I hope that works
MightyNole commented on New GMO
Stephanyeu commented on New GMO
TinaR10 commented on photo