advice
I'm 20 and I've been depressed for a long time now, probably since about 6th grade or so. My parents don't know anything about my life and think that I'm perfectly happy, however it's really starting to take a toll on me and I want to get help. The thing is, I don't know how to ask my parents about getting a therapist without them either being hurt I don't talk to them or prying into things. I don't feel comfortable talking to people to begin with especially not people who are close to me and think I'm so happy. Any suggestions?
your parents would be more hurt if didnt tell them you are suffering.Talk to them and tell them how you are feeling.it is hard but you can take the first step. your parents love and want the best for you
let me know how it goes for you.
Love Venora.
Since you are old enough you don't need parental consent to go to a Dr. so go ahead and make the appointment.  See what you can find out, talk with the Dr. and ask him/her how they think would be the best way to break it to your parents.  Only the Dr. will know the details you haven't told us here about how your family works and will be better in directing you.  But the important thing is to see the Dr.  The choice to tell your family or not is up to you and that can be done later when you are feeling stronger.

I know from my own experience that to tell is scary and not all accepted it.  But I HAD to do what was best for ME.  or there wasn't gonna be a me.  The ones that had a problem with it are just that.....it's THEIR problem..not MINE.

Happy Holidays.