Depression Community
am I depressed?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

am I depressed?

Hi there, I feel like I have some symptons for depression. My dad left us when I was 9, and I have had a chain of horrible boyfriends in which 1 got me into taking drugs like cocaine and pills for 2 years in which I started to get anxiety from (i dont take drugs anymore). And they anxiety went for about 5 years but has just recently popped upp again. And the boyfriends got better! I have never had time on my own to maybe find myself? I have also noticed that when I am in a relationship I am so scared  of meeting their friends as they will judge me and I just cant be myself, so I always make up an excuse when we have to meet. (but it would be ok if it was at night time and involved alcohol). And if I were single I wouln't care what they thought?! oh my, just writing this makes me think I am abnormal. I have lost myself and have always had low self esteem and no belief in myself but know there is a heap of potential to go far but it just need to come out. please help.  
Related Discussions
Try not to be alarmed. If you were suffering from a severe clinical depression then you would also have a huge host of other severly devistating symptoms to a level in which you would not even be able to fuction.

I sounds like you are having some issues with some moderate Anxiety that would be good to get checked out by a mental health professional. Just be cautious about making a decision to start meds.

With depression and Anxiety, I think one should only use AD medication if there condition is at an alarmingly high level. At least first try to do treatment med free if you can. It's not like poping a happy pill and Boom all is better. They don't work like that and they all can have some pretty nasty side effects. (I take three different AD meds so I speak from experience)

Your current condition may be on the mild side, in which effective cognative therapy can help a lot.

Now if you had posted saying, "My brain feels like a swurling tempist, I can't concentrate on even an elementary level, I tremble uncontrolably, I feel like I am literally going insane, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't play, and I have this constant heavy feeling in my head as if something dreadful has happened, even though nothing bad has happend, Well......Then that's entirly different and would lead me to think you were indeed suffering from Major Depressive dissorder. BTW that's only about half of the symptoms of a real clinical depression. In short it would literally feel as if you were going insane, to the point where thoughts of death and suicide would altually stat to make you feel good inside. Imagine what hell would feel like and it's about 10 times worse than that.

Anyway, it still would not hurt for you to get a professional evaluation. Don't be embarresed about it. Your mental health is even more important that your physical health in some cases.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Catlover2503 Anxiety was awful today :((((( Comment
3 hrs ago
5685035_tn?1411490086
Blank
Heather8448 Happy Thanksgiving Comment
6 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Dietary Fat Increases...
6 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
1551327_tn?1414146344
Blank
Bubulous
Tompkinsville, KY
1110049_tn?1409405744